Friday, October 26, 2007

Brian's Reflection

Even though my time thus far in Freo has been short (only 3 months), it is nonetheless a place I have come to take pride in to be able to call it my home. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about and acclimating myself with the history of this great town. I truly will now always remember all the sites and locations that give Fremantle such a rich history and still make it such a special place today. One site in particular, the Welcome Walls, really impressed me and stood out among the other sites. There is much to be said about a town that takes the time to commemorate and pay tribute to all the people that have contributed to its history like the Welcome Wall does. The Walls is just one of the many reasons for why I have come to value and admire Fremantle so much during my short time here.